Sewer Repair in St. Louis and St. Charles
The sewer drain is the main outlet from which waste and debris exit your St Louis home. If the sewer line gets clogged, or stops working properly, it can cause serious damage and make a huge mess. If you’ve noticed the following signs, it may mean that your main sewer drain is not working properly:
- Gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from your drains or pipes
- Multiple clogged or backed-up drains occurring simultaneously
- Slow draining sinks, toilets, or bathtubs
- Back-flow or flooding from the basement drain
Without regular cleaning, your home pipes will inevitably experience backup or clogging, causing you unnecessary headaches and hardship. Sewer blockages can be caused by foreign objects, grease buildup, and debris in sinks, showers, and toilets. These blockages prevent proper water flow, and should be repaired immediately to prevent damage to the pipes. If blockage problems continue to occur after a cleaning, it could be a sign that your pipes are damaged, deteriorating, or blocked from underground tree roots. There are a few obvious signs to look for that indicate a broken pipe:
- Sudden mold growth inside your home
- Sewer gas odor
- Cracks in your foundation
- A distinctly lush patch of grass in your yard or septic waste pool in your yard
- Insect or rodent infestation
Pipes can break due to corrosion, punctures, cracks, or collapse. Extreme temperature changes between the winter and summer cause soil to shift, settle, and expand or contract - causing damage to your underground pipelines. The seals and joints connecting these pipes can also break or corrode, causing a leak into the ground surrounding the pipes.
Call AAA Home Plumbers for all your home plumbing service repair needs.