Furnace filters are an important part of your HVAC system. They help to remove contaminants from the air and improve the quality of the air in your home. Additionally, replacing or cleaning your furnace filters on a regular basis can help to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system and prevent problems down the road. So how often should you be replacing or cleaning your furnace filters?
Tips for Keeping Your Filters Fresh:
- Replace 1″ filters every month.
- Clean or replace media filters once a year, possibly twice a year depending on your home.
- Set an alert on your calendar to remind you to replace or clean your filters every month/year.
Replacing furnace filters promotes good air flow and prevents stress on blowers. By regularly replacing or cleaning your furnace filters, you can extend the life of your HVAC system. Clean furnace filters also improve the quality of the air in your home!
How to Change Your Furnace Filter
- Find the air filter – in most homes, the air filter is located in the return air duct or near the furnace.
- Remove the old air filter – carefully remove the old air filter and dispose of it properly.
- Choose the right replacement filter – measurements are often listed on the side of the filter itself
- Install the new air filter – insert the new air filter into the housing and make sure it is properly secured.
Contact Us Today for Help with Your Furnace Filters
Furnace filters play an important role in your HVAC system and should be replaced or cleaned on a regular basis. Regularly replacing or cleaning your furnace filters will promote good air flow, prevent stress on blowers, and extend the life of your HVAC system. In addition to regularly changing your air filters, getting an annual or bi-annual furnace maintenance check from AAA is a great way to ensure that your system stays in top shape.
If you have any problems with the furnace system in your St Louis home, give the technicians at AAA Home Services a call. We’ll clean and check your furnace to make sure it is running at 100% efficiency. Book your appointment today with our online form!